Rewards and Recognition System
We want students to be motivated by the intrinsic value of being the best version of themselves each day; however, we are committed to acknowledging students for developing good learning habits. Therefore we have a reward and recognition system consisting of:
A. Student Recognition
Every lesson teachers will reward 3 students. The rewards will be linked to each of the schools core values.
Each fortnight, every member of the school staff sends positive postcards to students they teach. These postcards are addressed to the students and sent out in the post. In addition to the postcards posted home, members of the SLT will make a positive phone call home. Students may receive a postcard for repeatedly demonstrating our school’s values, continued strong progress or for displaying a real commitment to the school or the local community.
B. Verbal Recognition and Positive Points
Around the school, and in lessons, staff members use positive language and reinforcement to signal to students that they are demonstrating our school’s values and following our routines for learning. Each member of staff to give 3 points per lesson – one of each of the value words. Positive points are given to students in and out of lessons to recognise their positive actions and students are presented with certificates and vouchers to recognise when they have reached a particular point milestone.
C. Termly Recognition
Each term students who have demonstrated continued exceptional conduct (such as zero behaviour points and 100% attendance) are invited to attend a special event led by their Head of year. Activities may include watching a film in the main hall with popcorn, an extended lunch break, sports activities or other fun alternatives.
Each new term will be a fresh start for everyone but no data will be erased.
- Every lesson including TT and Session 7, teachers will reward 3 students. The teacher will award 3 students for 1 of the schools values and describe to the student what they have been awarded for.
- Teachers will record this on SIMS using the appropriate value word Ambition, Respect, Resilience.
- Students may be rewarded outside of the classroom if staff see something worthy of recognition.
- Teaching staff will select a faculty star from students they teach and positive postcards will be posted home. Students may receive a postcard for repeatedly demonstrating the school’s values, continued strong progress or for displaying a real commitment to the school or the local community.
- Every member of the SLT will make a positive call home to a student selected from the faculty star nominations.
- Lunch pass – awarded to students with the most points for each of the values but they must also have 100% attendance. The lunch pass will be awarded to the students publicly during a lesson by their HOY and a member of SLT.
- Top 3 students within each faculty (English, Maths, Science, Ebacc, Creative, Technical) each to receive a certificate and a voucher.
- All students who achieve 100% attendance to get a certificate and be entered into a draw for a voucher.
- Each term students who have demonstrated continued exceptional conduct (such as zero behaviour points and 100% attendance) are invited to attend a special event led by their Head of year. Activities may include watching a film in the main hall with popcorn, a trip to Waterstones, sports activities e.g. Archery or other fun alternatives.
- HOY Award – 1 student to be selected by each Yr team, student will receive a certificate and a voucher.
- Family Event [student +2] after school meal with SLT – Top 3 in each Yr group based on Attendance/ATL/Positive Points
- Each new term will be a fresh start for everyone but no data will be erased.